The VIX is a versatile automated system for filling, capping and labeling of various size vials. The following are the main features of the systems:
- Speeds of 300 to 1200 vials per hour.
- Small size: 3 x 5 ft to 3 x 7 ft.
- System is installed on laboratory grade frame with castors and can easily be relocated.
- Programmable fill volumes.
- Various dispensing mechanisms: peristaltic pumps, pipetting systems with automated tip load/unload.
- Programmable capping torque.
- Machines for various vial sizes have been developed: .2ml, 2ml, 5 ml, 10 ml.
- Quite operation: we do not use vibratory bowls for distribution of vials and caps. This results in quiet operation which is suitable for installation in laboratory settings.
- Filling of liquids with bead suspensions have been achieved with specialized bead mixing equipment.
- Powerful Focus software provides complete setup and reporting capability.
- Versatile user interface with detailed diagnostic messaging.
- Automated pdf report generation.
- Customization of designs is possible.
Dispensing and aspirating volumes range from 1 uL to 1000 uL. Pipetting is done via an ADP (Air Displacement Pipetter) and is very accurate and repeatable. With accuracy and repeatability of about 1% this system allows for automation of many steps in the reconstitution and pooling processes.
Any portion of the machine can be modified to make it work for your application. If your process involves aspirating and dispensing of various suspensions this is a solution that could save you time and protect you from repetitive motion injuries.
The machine is in complete control of Focus, our robotic and automation software. Various scripting commands have been added to make control of the system a breeze. The whole automation process is under the control of one or more scripts. The scripts can be modified to deliver various liquids at programmed volumes and speeds.